LPIC 1 is the first IT certification program to be professionally accredited by National Commission For Certifying Agencies NCCA
- Status:First published January 11, 2000; latest revision published April 2009
- Requirements:Passing Exams 101 and 102
- Latest Updates: Objectives are up to date with the latest changes
LPIC 1 Tasks
A brief overview of LPIC 1 tasks. To pass LPIC 1, someone should be able to:
- Work at the Linux command line
- Perform easy maintenance tasks: help users, add users to a larger system, backup and restore, shutdown and reboot
- Install and configure a workstation (including X) and connect it to a LAN, or a standalone PC to the Internet.
To achieve LPIC 1 you need to pass two exams – LPI 101 and LPI 102. These can be completed in any order. Both exams can be taken at a Pearson VUE test center.