- Status:First published November 29, 2001; latest revision April 1, 2009.
- Prerequisites:You must have an active LPIC-1 certification to receive LPIC-2 certification, but the LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 exams may be taken in any order.
- Requirements:Passing exams 201 and 202
- Latest UpdatesExam 201 (August 1, 2012). (No updates to Exam 202 in 2012)
- Next UpdateExam 201/202 (Spring 2013).
LPIC 2 Tasks
To pass LPIC 2 someone should be able to:
- Administer a small to medium-sized site
- Plan, implement, maintain, keep consistent, secure, and troubleshoot a small mixed (MS, Linux) network, including a:
- LAN server (samba)
- Internet Gateway (firewall, proxy, mail, news)
- Internet Server (webserver, FTP server)
- Supervise assistants
- Advise management on automation and purchases
A full list of the objectives can be found at the LPI Wiki.
To achieve LPIC 2 you need to pass two exams – LPI 201 and LPI 202. These can be completed in any order. Both exams can be taken at a Pearson VUE test center.